Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lynda Carter Remembers the Lore of Wonder Woman


"I don't do exploitative Wonder Woman things. I have been careful with her. I like her, and I think she's fantastic for women, and I think she's fantastic for the gay community, and she was great for young guys seeing a beautiful, strong woman."
...Carter has the costume, too -- the skimpy star-spangled blue shorts and red bustier emblazoned with a golden eagle that accentuated her cleavage. But displaying the costume, she says, would just be a bit too much.
"Maybe when I'm really old," she says. "In another five years."

Carter clearly has a few good years left in her, and a self-deprecating tone marks many of her reflections. She is "kind of shocked" at the level of interest in her since last month's release of "Sky High" and yesterday's opening of "The Dukes of Hazzard," which was directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, who also worked with Carter in the 2001 comedy "Super Troopers."

For a terrific interview of the stunt woman from the 70's TV show, check out "
Jeannie Epper, the Real 'Wonder Woman'" from All thing Considered.

No comments: