The United States state department said on Monday it will stop publishing annual statistics on terrorism activities after discrepancies were found last year in figures for the number of attacks and casualties.
Department spokesperson Richard Boucher said "the government has decided that the National Counterterrorism Centre should compile and publish the statistical data on terrorism that has previously been included by the state department in our report."
But he dismissed news reports that the department would do away with its annual Patterns of Global Terrorism report, which is mandated by law.
No comments:
Post a Comment